I brewed this last week but only just got round to sharing it…
The initial recipe was to be PDTNC’s Nelso Brucker but due to a few different ingredients I’ve given it the name of Admiral on Deck on account of the Nelson Sauvin hops.
|Pale Malt||5 EBC||3650 grams||78.5%|
|Munich Malt||20 EBC||450 grams||9.7%|
|Torrefied Wheat||4 EBC||67 grams||1.4%|
|Roasted Rye Malt||800 EBC||365 grams||7.8%|
|Caramunch Malt||100 EBC||50 grams||1.1%|
|Carapils||5 EBC||67 grams||1.4%|
|Hallertauer Hersbrucker||Whole||2.9 %||60 mins||15 grams||10.7%|
|Nelson Sauvin||Whole||13 %||60 mins||15 grams||10.7%|
|Nelson Sauvin||Whole||13 %||15 mins||20 grams||14.3%|
|Nelson Sauvin||Whole||13 %||0 mins||20 grams||14.3%|
|Hallertauer Hersbrucker||Whole||2.9 %||15 mins||40 grams||28.6%|
|Hallertauer Hersbrucker||Whole||2.9 %||0 mins||30 grams||21.4%|
I did a 60 minutes mash with about 20 minutes of recirculation with the solar pump. 2nd batch sparge for 30 minutes with a 15 minutes recirculation, followed by a 60 minutes boil.
Managed to get a higher efficiency than I was expecting on the mash, I did use too much water on my sparge so the final output was 27L of wort, not 23. The gravity was on target of 1.045 so had it been 4L less I’d have a stronger beer…
The US-05 yeast has done a good job and it is now tucked up in the secondary fermenter with a current gravity of 1.012.